Saturday, August 11, 2007

wrong number

i had the weirdest call on my mobile this evening. it was a a number that had the caller id hidden. when i answered it a woman with a strong indian accent was yelling into the phone at me asking who she was speaking to. i knew right away it was a wrong number so i told her. she kept insisting that it was the right number because she'd gotten it from her associate or someone (she was yelling so much i had to hold the phone away from my head and i couldn't understand it because it was distorted. i tried to ask her who she was trying to reach and i think she said some guy's name. i just repeated a couple times that it was the wrong number (and she kept insisting it wasn't) then i hung up. a couple minutes later the phone rang again with caller id withheld so i just forwarded it on to my voicemail. i figured if it was someone i wanted to talk to they would leave a message or txt me and if it was the woman again she would get my voicemail message saying that she's reached shawna (not amann or whatever she said the guys name was). its always a bit weird when someone calls you you by accident and then insists that they have the right number and you're the wrong person (zac used to get calls every month or so with someone looking for frank and they kept insisting that they were calling frank's mobile and they wouldn't believe zac that there was no frank there and it was not frank's number).

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hi, I'm visiting from "That's my answer!"

This post reminded me of one I wrote on my old blog sometime back. A lady called and kept insisting that I wasn't me. She has called me four or five times since then!