Wednesday, August 29, 2007
i finished this last week (i started it ages ago and then just never bothered to attach the sleeves until then). its taken me a week to post cuz i wanted to get a picture with it on but i haven't bothered so i thought i'd just put the pic i had. i was a long sleeve women's extra large top. i bought the pattern for it and chopped the shirt into pieces and resewed it. its got a few minor flaws and the piece around the neck was very difficult because the pattern was just 1 piece for the front and 1 for the back but i didn't have fabric scraps big enough by that point (i kinda cut the big pieces out funny) so i had to stitch 3 pieces together for both the front and back bits (hard to get them the right size-- and there's actually 2 for the front and 2 for the back plus interfacing inbetween). it'll be good enough for work though (i think i might wear it tomorrow). i've also finally fixed up the sleeves on a jacket that drive me insane (they're a bit too short and most of my long sleeve tops have really long arms that end up comming down about 6 inches past the jacket sleeve). i added a piece on the end of the jacket sleeve and put an elastic in it to help hold shirts inside the jacket.