Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ivanhoe cycles

i finally got to get my bike fixed yesterday!!! its had issues for 2 or 3 weeks now and it was due for one of its free tune ups back at ivanhoe cycles. getting it out there is a bit of a hassle though cuz the best way to get out there is by bike but if i'm dropping my bike off for a day that means i have to catch the train back and then walk 25 min (or if i'm lucky i might get one of the rare buses and only have to walk 5 min). the issues my bike was having turned into a major problem, making my bike pretty unridable (i still used it to get to work but that was it). the soonest i could take it in was yesterday afternoon after work. fortuantely i got out of work an hour early and then rode to the train station (my bike wasn't roadworthy enough to ride the 7km to ivanhoe). they asked when i wanted to pick it up and i just said anytime the next day but the sooner the better. he said they'd aim for lunchtime today and give me a call. just after 5pm (3 hrs after i dropped it off) i got a call saying my bike was all fixed up and i could come get it. i got out there as fast as i could cuz they close at 6pm (my shins are KILLING today from the speedwalking i did to get there in time). they even threw in a free bell (on top of the complementry tune-up/repairs) cuz i've broken 2 bells in the past 3 months (this one i can't break the same way the last 2 broke). i've heard other people raving about ivanhoe cycles but i've always had just average service dealing with them until yesterday. i was very happy to have my bike back so soon and be able to ride it all day today (my day off) without feeling like i'm gonna face injury or death cuz of my bikes unroadworthiness.

No comments: