Sunday, September 17, 2006

3 years!

i've been so busy the past few days that i forgot until last nite that friday was my 3 year anniversary of arriving in australia. its weird to think its only been 3 years cuz i've done so much in that time. i remember walking out of the airport on the morning we arrived and the first words i said was "it's freezing! it feels like winter!". it was only 15 days into spring but it was a MUCH colder spring then we're having now and at 9am it was probably only 7 or 8C (i had also just come from summer in canada and 9 days in southern california on our way to oz). i think i've pretty much adjusted to the aussie way of life (i had trouble even remembering how to order coffee the way i wanted it when i arrived). even though i want to go back and visit canada lots and maybe even live there for a year or so, i definately am happy with life in oz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you're happy here in Australia. My 2 week visit to Canada back in 1992 convinced me that if for some reason I couldn't live in Australia I'd choose Canada in a heartbeat.

By the way, I'm hoping you'll be able to grab a coffee with me and my family in a couplde of weeks. Details on my blog.