Saturday, June 03, 2006

new bike!!


i finally got my new bike yesterday (gt avalanche 3.0). i picked it out a few days ago at our favourite bike shop and then went back with zac (made him walk his bike with me down to the shop) to go get it but they didn't have a small frame size left so they suggested another bike shop. instead i walked way out of my way home (while zac rode off on his bike to do errands) to try out another bike shop that i know is good. nothing. not even another bike that i liked. so i got on the internet that nite and found one on sale in ivanhoe (about 6km from here). zac's mum was nice enought to drop me off there on her way home from the city (her car was at our house and its not too much of her route home). she even gave me her train ticket so i could take the train most of the way back (i would have ridden the whole way but we were kinda rushed to go out later that afternoon). its soooo much nicer than my old bike (which is some brand that i don't think actually exists but i got it for cheap from a bike shop owner at a bike swap in a back alley in fitzroy just after i moved here-- i knew it wasn't a good bike but i only intended to use it for 10 months, 2 1/2 years later i was still riding it). just sitting on my new bike feels much more comfortable and the front suspension helps out a lot with just the bumps in the road. now i just gotta clean up my old bike a bit so i can get a few $ out of it (its an ok bike for a student or someone who just wants to use it for occasional riding, not the best for someone who can afford better and uses it for their main modee of transportation). Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rodney Olsen said...

Nice machine. I hope you get to put many kilometres on it and have very few punctures. :)