Wednesday, May 16, 2007

memory jogging

i just remembered something i was gonna post about a week ago. after reading about the 100th blog entry about people's mother's days i finally remembered something-- the cute mother's day gifts the kids made at work.
i wish i had some photos of them (we do have photo copies at work but its not the same). first they made fans. we somehow got a ton of plastic frames for fans (kinda like big round-ish leaf shape) so one of the staff decided to cut coloured paper to contact onto the frame and have each kid draw a picture of what their mum likes and then we wrote above it "my mum likes [whatever the kid said]" some were hilarious! there were several "my mum likes to work or do the dishes or clean....." (i don't think the kids have distiguished between "likes" and "has to" yet). "my mum likes 2 cups of tea and relax in the banana lounge", "my mum likes shaun the sheep" (i like that one-- i wanna see that movie), "my mom likes being married to my dad".....also a lot of "my mum likes [doing something for me]" sort of ones.
in the afternoon we helped the kids make cards. we got some google-y eyes and glued them on the front and told them to draw a picture of their mum. inside we wrote "i love my mum because [whatever the kid said]" again we got a lot of funny ones (and some really sweet ones) and some really funny pictures. one mum was drawn as a monster (he loves drawing monsters and he's pretty good at it). another mom had boobs cuz she was breastfeeding the kids new baby brother. we got a lot of "i love my mom because she does.....for me". there was an "i love my mum cuz she says 'come and give me a cuddle'.... my favourite was something like "i love my mum cuz after kinder sometimes we go to the olden days. i like it when she puts me on the train and i go to see the robinsons" what?!?! that kid is in his own little world sometimes but he's pretty cute and funny-- we've got a few like that.
too bad fathers day isn't for a few months (its in september in oz, not june like north america). i'm excited to see what funny things they'll say for fathers day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!These are some real cute gifts! Nothing xan be better than hand drawn pictures and crafts. If you can, post the photos.Have a great wekk ahead!

Sarah said...

that's adorable!!! I might just use those idease in Sunday School for Father's day!

Hillary said...

hehehe... very cute! :)