Sunday, August 27, 2006

it wasn't all traumatizing

last nite we were talking with some friends and we started talking about our preschool experiences. i don't remember too much about preschool, just what the playground looked like and we had some kind of jungle gym thing inside too. all the experiences i do remember though were bad ones.
one day we were having veggies and dip. the teacher explained beforehand about just dipping the veggies once so we don't spread germs. at home me and my brother would each have our own bowls of dip so we could dip all we wanted and i automatically dipped one of my veggies into the bowl a second time without thinking. all of a sudden everyone was pointing at me and calling out to the teacher "shawna double dipped!!" over and over.
another experience was on a windy day where i hid in a cubby house thing to get out of the cold. after a while i noticed no one was coming through the cubby house anymore and i looked out and saw the yard was empty. the gate had a latch so kids couldn't open it so i stood at the fence screaming and crying until they heard me. the worst part was that my mom was there as one of the parent volunteers for the day and i was horrified that she didn't notice i wasn't inside (although she was in the kitchen doing work and probably came in before the kids and went straight to the kitchen).
the other thing i remembered was making soap holders out of the bottoms of plasic bottles. the only reason i remember making them was that while we were doing it my eye was going blurry on me. one of the teachers noticed my eye looked funny and soon all of the teachers were gathered around me examining my eye and saying it looke like pink eye and they would have to call my mom and have her come get me. i had no idea what it looked like and thought it must be really bad if they all could tell there was something wrong with my eye and they had to call my mom right away.
the other "traumatic experience" i had was going to a farm. i loved farms and animals and thought the trip was great, until we were milking the cow. everyone got to take a turn milking it and at one point someone must have pointed the udder the wrong way and i got squirted with a bit of milk. most kids that wouldn't be too much of an issue but i HATED milk and the fact it was on my face disgusted me (i might have even cried!).
despite all my traumatic experiences in preschool i acutally liked it for the most part. unfortunately the bad memories are the ones that stick out.

No comments: