Wednesday, February 08, 2006

the sound of a rabbit eating grass

we've got some funny kids this year at the kinder. i've had them ask me a lot of weird things and they've had strange reactions to situations. i guess the whole thing is pretty new to some of them though. yesterday 2 boys were playing near each other in the sand. one of them turned to me and said in his high pitched little boy voice "excuse me but luka sounds like a girl." my first thought was "have you heard your own voice? you guys all sound like girls. you're 4." of course i couldn't say that to him and i had to come up with stuff about how everyone has different voices and just cuz luka's voice was different from his, didn't mean he sounds like a girl (and luka didn't sound like a girl any more than any other boy there did so i have no idea what that boy was really talking about anyway). the kids are entertaining for the most part. except this morning when an hour into the session i was thinking of changing my name to the sound of a rabbit eating grass or something. over and over and over again kids were calling me to ask me a question, tell me i had to watch them go across the obstical course (for the 50th time), tell me someone wasn't being their friend, ask me for help or to make something for them at the pasting area..... fortunately the really needy ones (especially one kid who has absolutely NO problem solving skills/creativity-- he just wanted me or other kids to make pasting projects for him) went home at 2 so it made the afternoon nice and quiet. our wed/thurs group is definately gonna be the harder group this year.

No comments: